Log-In to post
Contact Support on Twitter
The better a problem is described, the better the assistance tends to be.
In order to better assist with your issue at hand, please include the following information in your initial post:
- Product, Version, and relevant environment details.
- Include a screenshot of the problem
- Describe the problem fully. What result was expected?
- Can the issue be created on demand or is it intermittent?
- If the problem can be generated faithfully, what are the exact steps to recreate the problem?
- Any other pertinent information (see below)
Create Support Bundles
You can create a support bundle and send it to Dell Support or to the Toad for IBM DB2 community Web site (peer-to-peer support). The support bundle provides information (about your application and the database) that is used to help troubleshoot problems.
Select Help | Support Bundle. It may take time for Toad to generate the support bundle depending on your system configuration.
Create Support Bundle for a SQL Query Issue
If your issue is a SQL query issue, it is helpful if additional log files are included in the support bundle. These log files are automatically included if you generate a support bundle immediately after executing the query in either the Editor or Query Builder.
To create a support bundle for a SQL query issue
1. In the Editor or Query Builder, reproduce the error or issue.
2. After reproducing the error, immediately select Help | Support Bundle to generate a support bundle.
3. Toad asks if you want to log the row count for each table used in the query. If you select Yes, Toad determines the size of each table used in the query. This adds additional time to the generation process, but also provides additional information about your issue.
4. When Toad is finished generating the support bundle attach log.
Note: For best results, always send the entire support bundle. This provides Support with the most information about your issue and aids the troubleshooting process.
*Note: Please refrain from including private data in your posts
Be as thorough as you can with the provided info. We will reply to you as quick as possible. We are glad to assist you
Latest Release Information:
This announcement includes information on our latest releases, links to our downloads and documentation and overview of new features. This way you can stay as informed as possible:
- What’s New Section (why they would want to pay attention to this new version)
- Link to Download & Documentation
- Link to Trial (if applicable)
- Overview of new feature(s) (with link to the release notes)
Top 5 Knowledge Base Articles:
On this post, you can find our top trending knowledge articles that other customers are inquiring about and popular solutions.
This month’s Top Knowledge Base Articles
Feel free to browse them. Remember to sign in to your account to view.
Have a couple of tables about 100k rows. Instead of export/load going with db2move export
1 $ db2move PASS4 export -aw -l lobs -tn PASS.abcApplication code page not determined, using ANSI codepage 819***** DB2MOVE *****Action: EXPORTStart time: Mon Apr 2 11:17:09 2018All table names matching: PASS.ACPR_ASESS_XREF;Connecting to database PASS4 ... successful! Server : DB2 Common Server V10.5.8Binding package automatically ... /db2home/rpst4aii/sqllib/bnd/db2common.bnd ... Looking for bind file in current directory ... db2common.bnd ...*** SQLCODE: -31 - SQLSTATE:*** SQL0031C File "/res/export/db2common.bnd" could not be opened.**A DB2 error occured.Disconnecting from database ... successful!
The find and replace dialog.
We just upgraded TOAD and the Find and Replace Dialog is no-longer undocked.
I don't like it being fixed in place. It reduces my vertical real estate on my screen.
How do I undock it?
I have a automation file that is running multipe activities. When i look at the flow chart, my icons are simply file_1, file_2, file_3 etc. is there a way to rename what the icon show. it would help to make it easier to read. I have tried changing the name in the activity properties, but that doesnt seem to work. Suggestions?
Is there any 32 bits version available for Toad for DB2 Freeware edition 6.3?