Toad Edge Community

Toad Edge - Forum

Nate.Gaffaney
Follow / 11 May 2017 at 5:42pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 26 Jul 2018 at 11:44am

Welcome! Use this forum to let us know of questions or problems you...

Expand content
We’d invite you to use this forum to let us know of any questions you have or problems you encounter with the Toad Edge product. The better a problem is described, the better the assistance tends...

We’d invite you to use this forum to let us know of any questions you have or problems you encounter with the Toad Edge product.

The better a problem is described, the better the assistance tends to be.  In order to better assist with any issues, please include the following information in your initial post:

• Any relevant environment details (such as operating system release and release of MySQL)  
  • If possible a screenshot of the problem is useful
  • Describe the problem fully. What result was expected?
  • Can the issue be created on demand or is it intermittent?
  • If the problem can be created on demand, what are the exact steps to recreate the problem?
2408 1 / Replies are disabled.
Nate.Gaffaney
Follow / 3 Aug 2018 at 2:55pm / Toad Edge

Toad World changes arriving soon

Expand content
Hi Everyone, We've been working on a redesigned Toad World web site, and we are getting ready to launch it soon. Capabilities such as Forums and Blogs will be on new web pages with a more modern...

Hi Everyone, 

We've been working on a redesigned Toad World web site, and we are getting ready to launch it soon.

Capabilities such as Forums and Blogs will be on new web pages with a more modern appearance and capabilities.

Existing Forum posts will be migrated, and many Blog posts and Videos will be migrated.  Older out-of-date Blog and Wiki posts will not be migrated.

During the migration process, posting to Forums will be temporarily turned off.  We currently expect this to happen starting August 10.

See John Pocknell's Blog post for more details on the migration.

Regards, 

Nate Gaffaney, Quest Software

0 0 / Replies are disabled.
jmydlak
Follow / 10 Aug 2018 at 5:35pm / Toad Edge

Functions with SET commands

Expand content
I am trying to compile functions with SET commands in them (i.e. set random_page_cost = 1.1, set enable_nestloop = false), and Edge is flagging them as an error. Not sure what the issue is. These compile...

I am trying to compile functions with SET commands in them (i.e. set random_page_cost = 1.1, set enable_nestloop = false), and Edge is flagging them as an error.  Not sure what the issue is.  These compile in our current tool, which is Postgres Maestro.

Unanswered 0 0 / Replies are disabled.
steven.wallraf
Follow / 9 Aug 2018 at 12:47pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 9 Aug 2018 at 10:13pm

Grayed out or missing

Expand content
Hi, I just installed the Edge version 2.0.2.201806201503 There are things missing when right clicking on an object: - Materialized Views -> No create new - Procedures -> New Procedure grayed...

Hi,

I just installed the Edge version 2.0.2.201806201503

There are things missing when right clicking on an object:

- Materialized Views -> No create new

- Procedures -> New Procedure grayed out

- Packages -> New Package grayed out

- Constraints -> No create new

- Indexes -> no create new

- Synonyms -> new synonyms grayed out

Remark: The creation of these objects are also missing in the menu -> Database -> New Database Object

Creating these objects using a script in a Worksheet is nog problem, so it is not a privilege problem.

Unanswered 0 2 / Replies are disabled.
phil.jenson
Follow / 9 Aug 2018 at 2:49pm / Toad Edge

Copy grayed out

Expand content
Why is the copy menu item grayed out when viewing data within a table? Copy rows is not grayed out. How can I copy a cell value?

Why is the copy menu item grayed out when viewing data within a table? Copy rows is not grayed out.

How can I copy a cell value?

Unanswered 0 0 / Replies are disabled.
mesut_69430
Follow / 22 Sep 2017 at 10:11pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 3 Aug 2018 at 6:45pm

export script does not work

Expand content
export the structure only creates comments with table name in it.

export the structure only creates comments with table name in it.

Unanswered 3767 7 / Replies are disabled.
pstein
Follow / 29 Jul 2018 at 3:22pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 1 Aug 2018 at 3:20pm

When will Toad Edge support MySQL v8.*?

Expand content
As far as I can see Toad Edge does NOT support the newest MySQL v8. When will it be v8 compatible?

As far as I can see Toad Edge does NOT support the newest MySQL v8.

When will it be v8 compatible?

Unanswered 0 1 / Replies are disabled.
jitenshah18
Follow / 27 Jul 2018 at 6:36am / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 31 Jul 2018 at 8:02pm

How to debug procedure in Toad Edge 2.0 (30 Day Free Trial) on Mac...

Expand content
I downloaded Toad Edge 2.0 (30 Day Free Trial) and created a procedure in Object Explorer. However, I can not find how to debug my procedure. Can any one guide me. Thank you.

I downloaded Toad Edge 2.0 (30 Day Free Trial) and created a procedure in Object Explorer.

However, I can not find how to debug my procedure. 

Can any one guide me. Thank you.

pstein
Follow / 28 Jul 2018 at 10:48am / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 28 Jul 2018 at 6:10pm

Has Toad Edge Free more limitations than Toad for MySQL?

Expand content
As far as I understand Toad Edge is the successor of Toad for MySQL. Has Toad Edge Free more limitations than old Toad for MySQL? If yes: which? Can I access old v5 MySQL databases with Toad Edge...

As far as I understand Toad Edge is the successor of Toad for MySQL.

Has Toad Edge Free more limitations than old Toad for MySQL?

If yes: which?

Can I access old v5 MySQL databases with Toad Edge as well or only newer v8 MySQL databases?

Can I access new v8 MySQL databases with Toad for MySQL as well or only newer v5 MySQL databases?

Peter

mpniel_468
Follow / 9 Jul 2018 at 9:59am / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 9 Jul 2018 at 12:19pm

How can I install Toad edge in a computer without internet connection...

Expand content
Hello, How can I install Toad edge in a computer without internet connection?

Hello,

How can I install Toad edge in a computer without internet connection?

Unanswered 194 1 / Replies are disabled.
ecroskery
Follow / 29 Jun 2018 at 4:38pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 6 Jul 2018 at 8:46am

hat do we do when TOAD Edge PostgreSQL Preview expires?

Expand content
What do we do when TOAD Edge PostgreSQL Preview expires? It switches to a freeware version? Or do I buy TOAD Edge 1.2 ? Is the same PostgreSQL support available in those products? Thanks for the help...

What do we do when TOAD Edge PostgreSQL Preview expires? It switches to a freeware version? Or do I buy TOAD Edge 1.2 ? Is the same PostgreSQL support available in those products?

Thanks for the help

Evan

Unanswered 416 4 / Replies are disabled.
joey.bartlett
Follow / 1 Jul 2018 at 4:29pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 1 Jul 2018 at 6:20pm

Bug: PROCESS permission needed

Expand content
I am trying to compare schema but receive an error that the PROCESS permission is needed. I have developed my own schema analysis tools before and I am 100% sure that this permission isn't needed...

I am trying to compare schema but receive an error that the PROCESS permission is needed.

I have developed my own schema analysis tools before and I am 100% sure that this permission isn't needed as my tools are able to analyse the schema using the same account without any problems.

There's something it's doing that needs that permission that it should be possible to enable or disable. Unfortunately when the error occurs it gives no indication of on which sub-step or even the query (presumably it's trying to view the process list though).

This is disappointing because the main reason to use this tool and pay for it is the schema compare (which doesn't support multiple databases at once as well and the data compare appears to have gone).

Unanswered 325 2 / Replies are disabled.
eugene_71214
Follow / 27 Jun 2018 at 8:18pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 29 Jun 2018 at 11:18am

Can I ignore certain objects by name in Toad Edge CLI schema comparison...

Expand content
I am relying on CLI -compare and -sql_change switches to automate our CI/CD process. When doing schema upgrade I want to skip some user tables so they won't be accidentally changed or dropped. Not...

I am relying on CLI -compare and -sql_change switches to automate our CI/CD process. When doing schema upgrade I want to skip some user tables so they won't be accidentally changed or dropped.

Not sure if there is a way to do that.

Answered 400 3 / Replies are disabled.
eugene_71214
Follow / 27 Jun 2018 at 2:47pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 27 Jun 2018 at 3:57pm

Toad Edge schema compare caused java.lang.IllegalArgumentException...

Expand content
In Toad Edge I did a Schema Compare through UI Database menu and got java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error.

In Toad Edge I did a Schema Compare through UI Database menu and got java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error.

Answered 417 4 / Replies are disabled.
eugene_71214
Follow / 24 Jun 2018 at 2:01pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 26 Jun 2018 at 8:47pm

Using CLI with remote server root user/pw got access denied error

Expand content
I am trying to access MySQL through Toad Edge (TE) CLI using the connection XML file generated via CICD Wizard. I am getting access denied error from the remote server. Further trouble-shooting found...

I am trying to access MySQL through Toad Edge (TE) CLI using the connection XML file generated via CICD Wizard. I am getting access denied error from the remote server.

Further trouble-shooting found that TE CLI is appending the localhost IP to the root user account, instead of using root account for the endpoint server, which is specified in connection XML file / HOST tag below.

1. Is this because CICD Wizard not generating connection XML with correct account?
  2. Is this caused by CLI not recognizing root account on remote server? 50.127 shown below is the ip for localhost, also the TE/CLI host PC.
  3. What is the correct syntax for remote server account that I should use in the connection XML?

Below are the command output and a snippet of the connection XML.

C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Edge\CLI>java -jar toadedge.jar -snapshot -in "./connection/ETL (BSFAurora).xml" -out "./snapshot/BSFAurora_ETL.json"
2018-06-22 09:04:52,892 INFO : Command: snapshot
2018-06-22 09:04:52,894 INFO : Loading source input
2018-06-22 09:04:53,633 ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'192.168.50.127' (using password: YES)
com.quest.toad.execution.ExecutionException: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'192.168.50.127' (using password: YES)
        at com.quest.toad.execution.executor.SqlExecutor.getConnection(SqlExecutor.java:309)
        at com.quest.toad.mysql.core.sql.MySqlExecutor.createConnection(MySqlExecutor.java:109)
        at com.quest.toad.execution.executor.SqlExecutor.doReconnect(SqlExecutor.java:163)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Connections>
  <Connection SubType="MYSQL" autoCommit="" type="Jdbc">
    <Path>MYSQL</Path>
    <Name>ETL Dev(BSFAurora)</Name>
    <Host>dev-etl-sandbox.cluster-cc6qja0eindn.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com</Host>
    <Port>3306</Port>
    <User>root</User>
    <SavePassword>true</SavePassword>
    <Password>encrypted password</Password>
    <RestoreWork>true</RestoreWork>
    <LastConnectionDate>2018-06-21T09:11:34</LastConnectionDate>
    <Color>#00FF00</Color>
    <Database>BSFAurora</Database>
    <Options>

Thanks,

Eugene

Answered 450 3 / Replies are disabled.
eugene_71214
Follow / 21 Jun 2018 at 10:47pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 26 Jun 2018 at 4:01pm

Toad Edge CLI support user password?

Expand content
I am learning to use CLI and am having trouble in executing CLI commands with user password. The command output I am getting is below: C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Edge\CLI>java -jar toadedge...

I am learning to use CLI and am having trouble in executing CLI commands with user password. The command output I am getting is below:

C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Edge\CLI>java -jar toadedge.jar -snapshot -in ".\connection\BSFAurora_localhost.xml" -out ".\snapshot\BSFAurora_localhost.json"
2018-06-21 16:29:41,272 INFO : Command: snapshot
2018-06-21 16:29:41,274 INFO : Loading source input
2018-06-21 16:29:41,854 ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
com.quest.toad.execution.ExecutionException: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
        at com.quest.toad.execution.executor.SqlExecutor.getConnection(SqlExecutor.java:309)
        at com.quest.toad.mysql.core.sql.MySqlExecutor.createConnection(MySqlExecutor.java:109)

In my connection XML file I've specified:

<User>root</User>

<UsingPassword>true</UsingPassword>

<Password>mypw</Password>

If I clear out the root user password in the database it will run successfully regardless whether the <UsingPassword> value is true or false.

Is this known issue?

Answered 559 6 / Replies are disabled.
eugene_71214
Follow / 20 Jun 2018 at 11:19pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 21 Jun 2018 at 3:35pm

Is there a way to compare Windows database v.s. Unix database for...

Expand content
Toad Edge schema comparison tool reports object as different when the object name are only different in case, e.g. Area vs. area. The report is useless because the whole database is different when comparing...

Toad Edge schema comparison tool reports object as different when the object name are only different in case, e.g. Area vs. area. The report is useless because the whole database is different when comparing a Windows database to Unix database. All tables in Windows file system are deemed lower-case. However, columns in table can be mixed-case.

Not sure if there Is a switch in the comparison tool to ignore case in table name? I tried the "Ignore case" switch in the Comparing items panel/Common section and it had no effect.

Answered 507 4 / Replies are disabled.
alonp
Follow / 6 Jun 2018 at 2:35am / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 11 Jun 2018 at 6:14pm

server mode

Expand content
Hi, Is there a plan to add an option to run toad edge in a server mode anytime soon?

Hi,

Is there a plan to add an option to run toad edge in a server mode anytime soon?

Unanswered 757 4 / Replies are disabled.
leary_erin
Follow / 18 Apr 2018 at 7:06pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 8 Jun 2018 at 4:44pm

Can't run Toad Edge Preview due to Authentication Issue

Expand content
When I installed Toad Edge Preview I did not get the login screen that is shown in this blog entry, https://community.toadworld.com/products/toad-edge/b/weblog/archive/2018/03/19/using-toad-edge-preview...

When I installed Toad Edge Preview I did not get the login screen that is shown in this blog entry, https://community.toadworld.com/products/toad-edge/b/weblog/archive/2018/03/19/using-toad-edge-preview-2-0-0-with-postgresql-10 . Also when I launch Toad Edge Preview I don't get a login screen - I only get the Online Authentication Failed window. When I click Sign In I get the same thing - but I never see a place to enter the username and password. Where should the credentials be coming from?

Unanswered 1857 10 / Replies are disabled.
rthomas
Follow / 1 Jun 2018 at 2:38pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 7 Jun 2018 at 1:57pm

Toad Edge Connection to Authentication server could not be established...

Expand content
For those of you who have been running into this issue, I found a solution that works for me. Go to https://id.quest.com Export the certificate to a .cer file. Import the certificate into Toad...

For those of you who have been running into this issue, I found a solution that works for me.

Go to https://id.quest.com

Export the certificate to a .cer file.

Import the certificate into Toad Edge's Java Keystore

C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Edge\lib\jre\lib\security>keytool -import -alias Toad -file Toad.cer -keystore cacerts

pass: changeit

I only found one person telling people to do this but no one was noticing their post so I decided to post this information in one thread instead of everyone having to go thru 4 or 5 thread just to get an answer that might work.

Unanswered 771 1 / Replies are disabled.