Toad Edge Community

Toad Edge - Forum

Nate.Gaffaney
Follow / 11 May 2017 at 5:42pm / Toad Edge

Welcome! Use this forum to let us know of questions or problems you...

Expand content
We’d invite you to use this forum to let us know of any questions you have or problems you encounter with the Toad Edge product. The better a problem is described, the better the assistance tends...

We’d invite you to use this forum to let us know of any questions you have or problems you encounter with the Toad Edge product.

The better a problem is described, the better the assistance tends to be.  In order to better assist with any issues, please include the following information in your initial post:

• Any relevant environment details (such as operating system release and release of MySQL)  
  • If possible a screenshot of the problem is useful
  • Describe the problem fully. What result was expected?
  • Can the issue be created on demand or is it intermittent?
  • If the problem can be created on demand, what are the exact steps to recreate the problem?
1977 0 / Create an account to join the discussion.
kblairwhite
Follow / 13 May 2018 at 6:07pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 18 May 2018 at 8:45am

Unable to generate script for ....

Expand content
Just downloaded Toad Edge, connected to instance of MySQL db. My issue is when I double click on a procedure or a function within the Object Explorer I am unable to edit/modify this? I get the comment...

Just downloaded Toad Edge, connected to instance of MySQL db. My issue is when I double click on a procedure or a function within the Object Explorer I am unable to edit/modify this? I get the comment under the script tab "-- Unable to generate script for [...]"

Answered 192 5 / Create an account to join the discussion.
leary_erin
Follow / 18 Apr 2018 at 7:06pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 17 May 2018 at 8:22pm

Can't run Toad Edge Preview due to Authentication Issue

Expand content
When I installed Toad Edge Preview I did not get the login screen that is shown in this blog entry, https://community.toadworld.com/products/toad-edge/b/weblog/archive/2018/03/19/using-toad-edge-preview...

When I installed Toad Edge Preview I did not get the login screen that is shown in this blog entry, https://community.toadworld.com/products/toad-edge/b/weblog/archive/2018/03/19/using-toad-edge-preview-2-0-0-with-postgresql-10 . Also when I launch Toad Edge Preview I don't get a login screen - I only get the Online Authentication Failed window. When I click Sign In I get the same thing - but I never see a place to enter the username and password. Where should the credentials be coming from?

Unanswered 813 8 / Create an account to join the discussion.
poorvasharma09
Follow / 8 May 2018 at 8:53pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 14 May 2018 at 5:55am

Hello,I am getting error while conencting to MySQL server.

Expand content
Hello, I installed toad edge v1.2 on my Windows machine.But when i am trying to connect to MySQL server 8.0.11 ,it is showing error as- "Unable to load authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password'...

Hello, I installed toad edge v1.2 on my Windows machine.But when i am trying to connect to MySQL server 8.0.11 ,it is showing error as-

"Unable to load authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password'.

Also, this connection issue is only with toadedge.If i connect using MySQL workbench, connection is working properly

Please let me know how to resolve it.

Unanswered 294 3 / Create an account to join the discussion.
eugene_71214
Follow / 9 Apr 2018 at 4:18pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 13 Apr 2018 at 7:48pm

Downloading Toad Edge CLI got "system in maintenance" m...

Expand content
I am using Toad Edge in Trial license and tried to download the CLI. But am getting "system in maintenance" message since last Friday (4/6). I was downloading via the "here" link...

I am using Toad Edge in Trial license and tried to download the CLI. But am getting "system in maintenance" message since last Friday (4/6).

I was downloading via the "here" link on Toad Edge 1.2 - User Guide/Toad Edge command line interface/To use Toad Edge CLI manually section.

Answered 966 4 / Create an account to join the discussion.
unknown
Follow / 12 Apr 2018 at 8:29pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 13 Apr 2018 at 4:39pm

Toad edge freeware license and offline usage

Expand content
1. Does Toad Edge Freeware (which becomes after trial expires automaticly according to description ) can be use in commercial usage at all? I am working in corporation and want to install it on server...

1. Does Toad Edge Freeware (which becomes after trial expires automaticly according to description ) can be use in commercial usage at all? I am working in corporation and want to install it on server X and develop. If that's true give me link or resource to the license/description.

2. If i want to install it on the server which has no internet connection how about with sign in to it every 16 days (which seems to be a must)?

3. Is there any direct Toad Edge freeware version to be downloaded rather than trial?

Unanswered 942 4 / Create an account to join the discussion.
harry.taningco
Follow / 13 Mar 2018 at 8:20pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 23 Mar 2018 at 12:34pm

Freeware version?

Expand content
I have downloaded and installed and used for a while. Now my trial version is expiring... about 8 days left. But for some reason, I can't get past this notification dialog box to either buy or...

I have downloaded and installed and used for a while.

Now my trial version is expiring... about 8 days left.

But for some reason, I can't get past this notification dialog box to either buy or enter a license.

I had it working and now this. I am really only interested in the limited free version of viewing and running queries against an existing MySQL Db.

How can I get past this notification dialog box into the working IDE?

Unanswered 1132 1 / Create an account to join the discussion.
shalvie
Follow / 12 Feb 2018 at 9:36am / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 1 Mar 2018 at 2:16pm

Loading BLOBs

Expand content
I have two issues with BLOBs 1) I can't see how to load them within a result (which was possible with the Toad for MySQL Freeware) 2) If my application updates a BLOB I have to disconnect my connection...

I have two issues with BLOBs

1) I can't see how to load them within a result (which was possible with the Toad for MySQL Freeware)

2) If my application updates a BLOB I have to disconnect my connection and reconnect to see the update (not the case with the Toad for MySQL Freeware)

Any help would be appreciated

Unanswered 1393 1 / Create an account to join the discussion.
jens.ubert
Follow / 14 Feb 2018 at 8:45am / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 1 Mar 2018 at 1:21pm

Toad edge very slowly

Expand content
Hi, we are evaluating MySQL-Clients. During the test with toad edge we found a speed-issue. Changing a single Col (alter) in a DB-table, Toad Edge took about 10-15 seconds, while Heidi-SQL and SQLyog...

Hi,

we are evaluating MySQL-Clients. During the test with toad edge we found a speed-issue. Changing a single Col (alter) in a DB-table, Toad Edge took about 10-15 seconds, while Heidi-SQL and SQLyog did it under 1 second. Is ist our fault or is there really a speed-problem with toad-edge?

thanx

Unanswered 1530 2 / Create an account to join the discussion.
mark.ogier
Follow / 14 Jan 2018 at 8:36pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 1 Mar 2018 at 1:16pm

Run a Procedure, where can I see the data results?

Expand content
Hi When I use the Run procedure feature, it asks for the values of any parameters, which is great. It then runs the procedure and says 'Executed Successfully' but I cant see how to view the returned...

Hi

When I use the Run procedure feature, it asks for the values of any parameters, which is great. It then runs the procedure and says 'Executed Successfully' but I cant see how to view the returned data results set.

Where can I see the data please?

Thanks

Mark

Unanswered 1748 1 / Create an account to join the discussion.
pnreen
Follow / 19 Dec 2017 at 6:48pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 1 Mar 2018 at 11:34am

Clone Database

Expand content
Hi, I'm looking for a method to clone/refresh my MySql database. I thought (hoped) Toad Edge has a soution for it, with Export Import. So I installed the trial version to see if it uasable. ...

Hi,

I'm looking for a method to clone/refresh my MySql database.

I thought (hoped) Toad Edge has a soution for it, with Export Import. So I installed the trial version to see if it uasable.

But till now I didn't figure it out.

Is someone familiar with this or is there maybe an other option/solution to achiev this.

Thnx in Advance

Grtz,

Paul

Unanswered 2459 7 / Create an account to join the discussion.
tpaine
Follow / 16 Jun 2017 at 11:51pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 14 Feb 2018 at 5:08pm

Multiple Queries

Expand content
When I run multiple queries in the same window like this: select * from brand b; select * from blog; I only see the results for the last query, in this case "Blog". The window at the top...

When I run multiple queries in the same window like this:

select * from brand b;

select * from blog;

I only see the results for the last query, in this case "Blog". The window at the top says "2 statements processed" but I'm not seeing two results sets.

Unanswered 3747 12 / Create an account to join the discussion.
itchytoes
Follow / 24 Jan 2018 at 4:45am / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 14 Feb 2018 at 2:03pm

I cannot enter integer values for update a column

Expand content
Hi I can select the pencil icon and enable updating of a row after a query has finished, but I can never enter a value into an "int" field because in always says "unparceable integer detected"...

Hi

I can select the pencil icon and enable updating of a row after a query has finished, but I can never enter a value into an "int" field because in always says "unparceable integer detected".

Am I doing anything wrong?   It does bring up a drop-down with some integer suggestions, but selecting any of the drop down entries does not work either.  It just shows in red and then exiting the field reverts back to the original number.

I'm on windows 7

Betty

Unanswered 2068 9 / Create an account to join the discussion.
bhavesh.silversky
Follow / 28 Nov 2017 at 5:28am / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 9 Dec 2017 at 4:36am

Toad Edge shows Browser not supported when opening it.

Expand content
I am using windows 7 64 I have install toad edge 1.1 but when i open it , toad edge open custom dialog saying browser not supported I have tried changing the default browser and re installing...

I am using windows 7 64

I have install toad edge 1.1

but when i open it , toad edge open custom dialog saying browser not supported

I have tried changing the default browser and re installing the software but noting worked

Kindly provide solution for this.

above is the sequence how the program sequence follow when i close the browser not supported window whole program is closed.

kindly provide solution regarding this

Unanswered 2766 2 / Create an account to join the discussion.
juanllues
Follow / 28 Nov 2017 at 2:56pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 9 Dec 2017 at 4:34am

Toad for mysqlfreeware 7.9

Expand content
Hi! Is possible download Toad for mysqlfreeware 7.9 version? best regards

Hi!

Is possible download Toad for mysqlfreeware 7.9 version? 

best regards

Unanswered 2759 1 / Create an account to join the discussion.
StanT
Follow / 16 Oct 2017 at 12:07pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 1 Dec 2017 at 11:02pm

Online Authentication Failed

Expand content
Hi All, I have downloaded Toad Edge to try it out. I have not been able to get past the first screen, as the below error appears. I press Sign In, it 'verifies the connection' and comes...

Hi All,

I have downloaded Toad Edge to try it out. I have not been able to get past the first screen, as the below error appears.

I press Sign In, it 'verifies the connection' and comes back with the same box.

There is no option to enter any details or correct any wrong credentials.

How do I proceed please?

Thank you,

ST

Answered 3825 12 / Create an account to join the discussion.
Yoni Sade
Follow / 31 Jul 2017 at 3:11pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 20 Nov 2017 at 12:35pm

Toad removes db prefix from stored procedures code in compare sync...

Expand content
When Toad generates compare sync script, it apparently removes source db name from stored procedures code in the script. So if we originally had an sp: create or replace my_sp() begin select...

When Toad generates compare sync script, it apparently removes source db name from stored procedures code in the script.

So if we originally had an sp:

create or replace my_sp()

begin

select * from source_db.my_tables;

end;

Toad will remove the "source_db" part as such, although it's a major part of the sp logic:

create or replace my_sp()

begin

select * from my_tables;

end;

Also, didn't find an option to disable it that worked.

Unanswered 3058 4 / Create an account to join the discussion.
Yoni Sade
Follow / 30 Jul 2017 at 3:57pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 20 Nov 2017 at 12:31pm

Compare sync script and character set/collation

Expand content
Currently, the compare sync script is not perfect, because it overwrites the collation of stored procedures/functions in the target DB, by not specifying it in the script. Is it possible to add the COLLATE...

Currently, the compare sync script is not perfect, because it overwrites the collation of stored procedures/functions in the target DB, by not specifying it in the script.

Is it possible to add the COLLATE syntax to the stored procedure/function parameters after the CHARACTER SET syntax?

Also, an option to disable the CHARACTER SET syntax completely would also help.

Unanswered 3065 4 / Create an account to join the discussion.
cbabbin
Follow / 8 Nov 2017 at 6:57pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 10 Nov 2017 at 8:47am

Toad For Postgres or Toad Edge for Postgres?

Expand content
Will there be a Toad for Postgres or a Toad Edge for Postgres anytime soon? If so, is there a range of time within which this product would be released for production/commercial use?

Will there be a Toad for Postgres or a Toad Edge for Postgres anytime soon?  If so, is there a range of time within which this product would be released for production/commercial use?

Unanswered 3608 5 / Create an account to join the discussion.
chorbl
Follow / 2 Nov 2017 at 9:17pm / Toad Edge
Latest post by on 3 Nov 2017 at 9:29am

ssh tunnel should allow key auth

Expand content
Currently it appears only password auth is supported.

Currently it appears only password auth is supported.

Unanswered 2732 1 / Create an account to join the discussion.