IOUG Collaborate 2015 in Las Vegas if fast approaching (April 12-16). As usual the show will offer numerous expert speakers and interesting topics. I was lucky enough to have two topics accepted. Please consider attending my sessions – I promise they will be both interesting and informative.

Session: 208
Title: Benchmarking Oracle 12c In-Memory COLUMN STORE
Time: Mon, Apr 13, 2015 (02:00 PM - 03:00 PM): Palm A
Abstract:  There's been a lot of buzz about Oracle 12c's new IN MEMORY COLUMN STORE. Oracle ACE Bert Scalzo will share experience and conclusions from benchmarking this new feature against more traditional SGA memory allocations and 11g Database Smart Flash Cache. The findings, scripts and conclusions from this exercise will be shared.

Session: 210
Title: Flash Disk Alternatives for Oracle Databases
Time: Mon, Apr 13, 2015 (10:30 AM - 11:30 AM): Palm C
Abstract:  Flash disk and/or SSD technology options have been creeping into Oracle database deployments more and more. Oracle ACE Bert Scalzo will present the many and significantly different alternatives for utilizing flash disk and/or SSD in Oracle deployments. Moreover Oracle 11g and 12c features supporting or best utilizing such flash will be reviewed. Knowing what's out there and how they differ is key - because the flash revolution is here to stay and not all flash is created the same.